|Real Name:||Alex O'Loughlin|
|Born:||August 24, 1976|
|Originally From:||Canberra, Australia|
|Wife:||Malia Jones (2014–present)|
Life & CareerEdit
O'Loughlin was born as Alexander O'Lachlan in Sydney, Australia, of Irish and Scottish descent. He was educated at Macquarie Primary School, where his younger sister Jennifer also studied. His year of birth has been given, variously, as 1974, 1975 and 1978. His father is a physics and astronomy teacher in Sydney and his mother is a nurse.
O'Loughlin suffered from asthma, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD or ADD) and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) when he was a boy. He wanted to become a jet fighter pilot but was told by his teacher that it was unlikely due to his asthma.
This was a painful memory for him that recently evoked the response, "Always teach children to reach for the stars." He was a fan of heavy metal music and Monkey.
Playing dress up with items out of an old trunk was one of his favorite pastimes. School was a continuous struggle, caused by learning difficulties that were compounded by ADHD and OCD, and he left when he was 14, after which he held jobs in a wide range of fields. He enrolled at the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) in Sydney, Australia, in 1999.
Despite a challenging first year, he graduated from NIDA in June 2002 after completing a 3-year, full-time Bachelor of Dramatic Art program.
On this tattoos:
O'Loughlin is significantly inked. A report on buddytv.com at that time said he was "inked on each forearm, on each shoulder, over his right nipple and one on his lower back." He has added additional temporary tattoos for some roles, and covered them up for others.
- Was once considered as a possible candidate to play James Bond.
- Celebrates his birthday on August 24, making him a day younger than Scott Caan / Danny Williams.
- Guest-starred on the fellow CBS crime drama, "Criminal Minds" in the Season Four episode, "The Big Wheel" where he played OCD-ridden serial killer, Vincent Rowlings.
- Is an organ donor.
- 2 has two kids, An 18-year-old, and a 2-year-old.
- Loves the show "So you think you can Dance"
- It was used the Alias of Mick St John to get to Hawaii, then Mick St John was the name his character in Moonlight during H50 episode "Fire Will Never Say that It Has Had Enough."
Hawaii Episode GuideEdit
|Hawaii Five-0 Cast|
| Main Cast: Alex O'Loughlin • Scott Caan • Ian Anthony Dale • Meaghan Rath • Jorge Garcia • Beulah Koale • Chi McBride • Taylor Wily • Dennis Chun • Kimee Balmilero|