|F.O.B. Honolulu Part 1|
|Season 3, Episode 17 & 18|
|Air date||January 27, 1971|
|Written by|| Eric Bercovici |
|Directed by||Michael O'Herlihy|
To Kill or Be Killed
The Chinese (led by Wo Fat), the Soviets (led by Mischa Toptegan) and assorted criminals are all after perfect counterfeit plates. The plates were originally developed by the Chinese, who want to use them to flood international markets with phony U.S. currency and destroy the American economy. Jonathan Kaye enlists Five-O's help to track down the plates and a Navy intelligence officer, and a friend of McGarrett's, also is part of the probe. However, the Navy man is secretly working with Nicole Fleming, one of the criminals after the plates.
- Jack Lord as Detective Captain Steve McGarrett
- James MacArthur as Detective Danny Williams
- Al Harrington as Ben Kokua
- Kam Fong as Detective Chin Ho Kelly
- Gilbert Lani Kauhi as Kono Kalakaua
- Khigh Dhiegh as Wo Fat
- Tony Madrid....Monte Landis
- Plot Hole: Wo Fat is shot at point blank range by Tony Madrid (in the heart), and falls down. Yet when Five-0 arrive one second later, and Madrid is killed and the plates ruined by bullet holes...Wo Fat is no where to be found! How can he have escaped when Five O blocks the only road to the temple and there are no helicopters around to wisk Wo Fat away?
- This is similar to the Russian satire The Twelve Chairs in which a pair of fools chase down 12 chairs in order to find a hidden fortune...only to find its already gone!