| Makani 'Olu a Holo Malie |
(Fair Winds and Following Seas)
|Season 4, Episode 21|
|Air date||May 2nd, 2014|
|Written by||Peter M. Lenkov & Ken Solarz (Story), Eric Guggenheim (Story/Teleplay)|
|Directed by||Jeffrey Hunt|
O ka Pili'Ohana ka 'Oi
As Danny, Kono, and Chin work on the case of a liver that is due to be used to save a patient but has wound up being stolen instead, Catherine and Steve head to Afghanistan to save a young boy who has been kidnapped by the Taliban.
- Joe White and Billy Harrington were both mentioned, but do not appear.
- The majority of this episode took place over 2-3 days, with a week jump showing Steve's recovered face.
- Commander Steven McGarrett was given a stern warning, and told he would be court-martialed if he went on any rogue, off-the-books missions after being recused from Afghanistan after being captured by the Taliban and almost beheaded.
- Steve risked 10 years in military prison by not giving up Joe White's and Catherine Rollins' names as his accomplices.
- Steve suffered a fractured arm, a possibly cracked rib, and a swollen face.
- This marks the final appearance of Catherine Rollins until her return in the Season 5's finale, A Make Kāua.
- This episode uses NCIS spin-off series JAG for the final episode of Season 10.
|Alex O'Loughlin||A Navy SEAL and leader of the Hawaii Five-0 Task Force.|
|Scott Caan||2nd-in-command of the Hawaii Five-0 Task Force and Steve's partner.|
Chin Ho Kelly
|Daniel Dae Kim||A member of the Hawaii Five-0 Task Force.|
|Grace Park||Youngest member of the Hawaii Five-0 Task Force, and cousin of Chin.|
|Dr. Max Bergman||Masi Oka||Chief Medical Examiner for the Hawaii Five-0 team.|
|Catherine Rollins||Michelle Borth||An Ex-Navy Lieutenant and Steve's on-off girlfriend.|
|Lou Grover||Chi McBride||Captain of the HPD SWAT team.|
|Kamekona Tupuola||Taylor Wily||An associate of the H50 team, and owner of The Shrimp Truck.|
|Mamo Kahike||Al Harrington||Life long resident of Hawaii, and a family friend to Steve McGarrett.|
|Nicky Demarco||Larry Manetti||A man who appears in this episode.|
|Kawika||Kala Alexander||Leader of the Kapu.|
|Sgt. Duke Lukela||Dennis Chun||Sergeant with the Honolulu Police Department.|
|Flippa Tupuola||Shawn Mokuahi Garnett||An associate of the H50 team, and cousin of Kamekona Tupuola.|
|Duane "Dog" Chapman||Himself||A real-life bounty hunter, and resident of Hawaii.|
|Amir Khan||Mido Hamada||An Afghan national.|
|Farah Khan||Mallika Sherawat||An Afghan national.|
|Umar Hassan||Farshad Farahat||A terrorist.|
|Stan Norell||Josh Clark||A Captain with the Navy.|
|Aloha ke kahi I ke kahi ♦ A'ale Ma'a Wau ♦ Ka 'oia'i'o ma loko ♦ A ia la aku ♦ Kupu'eu ♦ Kupouli 'la ♦ [Ua Nalohia ♦ Akanahe |
♦ Ha'uoli La Ho'omoaika'i ♦ Ho'onani Makuakane ♦ Pukana ♦ O kela me keia manawa ♦ Hana Lokomaika'i ♦ Na Hala a ka makua ♦ Pale'la ♦ Hoku Welowelo ♦ Ma lalo o ka ili ♦ Ho'i Hou ♦ Ku I Ka Pili Koko ♦ Pe'epe'e Kanaka ♦ Makani 'Olu a Holo Malie ♦ O ka Pili'Ohana ka 'Oi