|Odd Man In|
|Season 4, Episode 14|
|Air date||December 28, 1971|
|Written by||E. Arthur Kean|
|Directed by||Paul Stanley|
Is This Any Way to Run a Paradise?
Bait Once, Bait Twice
When famed bank robber Lewis Avery Filer, whom McGarrett put away a year and a half ago, learns that a fellow con about to be released plans to resume his career as a drug dealer, he decides to get out on his own and infiltrate the drug gang. Filer plans to tail the drug dealer and relieve him of the $4 million he's received for cocaine shipments, through use of trickery and gadgetry. McGarrett tries to outwit Filer once again and recover the money before Filer can flee with it.
- Jack Lord as Detective Captain Steve McGarrett
- James MacArthur as Detective Danny Williams
- Al Harrington as Ben Kokua
- Kam Fong as Detective Chin Ho Kelly
- Gilbert Lani Kauhi as Kono Kalakaua
- Lewis Avery Filer...Hume Croyn
- At the end, when Filer is caught by McGarrett and is told that he'll be going to a mainland Federal prison, Filer isn't dispointed. In fact he remarks that getting out of Federal prison will be a challenge! (Disappointingly Hawaii Five O never had a third episode of Filer escaping from the mainland and back to Oahu to match wits with Steve McGarrett.)